BE A SOMEBODY
What does it mean to Be A Somebody?
During your childhood or adolescence, can you recall somebody who supported you as you grew in your faith? Somebody who was always there for you and cared about what was happening in your life?
We believe every child and teen needs somebody who knows their name and what’s happening in their life. Somebody who shows up predictably and consistently over time. Somebody who says and does the same things that a loving parent would. When we choose to be a somebody, we create an environment in which children and teenagers feel safe and significant, allowing them to flourish in their faith. When this happens, nothing can compete!
At Riverside Church we have children and teenagers who need a somebody. Working together, we have the opportunity to ensure every child and teen in our congregation has a somebody. Will you consider volunteering with RiverKids? Will you be a Somebody?
What does it mean to give a good First Impression (Check-In)?
- Families need to feel the warmth of a smile and a genuine welcome
- First Impressions are lasting, and we want to make sure families know their children will be safe and enjoy their experience at RiverKids
- A good first impression will go a long way and our goal is to make sure each parent/ guardian, child, student and youth feels safe, connected, welcomed and like a priority.
- God has given us a tremendous opportunity to minister to families in such a simple way! Will you consider joining our RiverKids Team? Will you be a somebody?
What does it mean to be a somebody to Baby & Toddler?
- Babies and Toddlers need somebody who will make them feel safe and secure.
- They need somebody who will help them begin to discover God by using simple words and repetition.
- When a baby or toddler has a somebody, they will experience God’s love and meet God’s family!
- Today, our nursery is growing at a fast rate, and we see it steadily increasing.
- God has given us a tremendous opportunity to minister to babies and toddlers and begin to impart God’s words to their hearts. This cannot be accomplished without you! Will you consider joining our RiverKids Team? Will you be a somebody?
What does it mean to be a somebody to a Preschooler?
- Preschoolers need somebody who will make them feel safe, establish trust & develop their confidence.
- They need somebody who will help them discover God by blending reality with imagination and engaging their senses.
- When a preschooler has a somebody, they will know God’s love and meet God’s family!
- Today, the number of preschoolers at Riverside Church continues to grow.
- God has given us a tremendous opportunity to minister to preschoolers and their families but this cannot be accomplished without you! Will you consider joining the RiverKids Team? Will you be a somebody?
What does it mean to be a somebody to Elementary Kids?
- Children need somebody who will have fun with them, give them attention, encourage them, and help them make friends.
- They need somebody who will help them rediscover God by sharing how things work with concrete evidence.
- When a child has a somebody, they will grow to trust God’s character and experience God’s family.
- Currently, the number of elementary aged students who call Riverside Church their home church continues to rise.
- We have been blessed with a great opportunity to disciple elementary aged children from all different backgrounds and communities and we do not take that for granted. Will you consider joining our RiverKids Team? Will you be a somebody?
What does it mean to be a somebody to a Preteen & Teen?
- Preteens and teens need somebody who will accept them, assist them in gaining stability, and encourage them to discover their uniqueness.
- They need somebody who will help them construct new thoughts about God through trial and error.
- When a preteen has a somebody, they will own their faith and value a faith community.
- At this moment, the number of preteens who regularly attend Riverside Church is growing and we see it continuing to increase.
- As a church, we have an incredible opportunity to come alongside with what God has been stirring up with this age group, but we need more somebodies. Will you consider joining the RiverKids Middle School and Youth Team? Will you be a somebody?