As you can imagine, we will need to operate a bit differently than prior to the COVID-19 pandemic. We want to ensure that our families understand what measures have been put in place in order for you to be comfortable with your child attending our RiverKids Programs.
Our first responsibility is to assure that your children have a clean, sanitized, safe and secure environment. We have always maintained high standards of cleanliness and have now increased our efforts as a result of COVID-19.
- All classrooms will be sanitized before, in between and after each service.
- Windows will remain open to allow for continuous air flow. Have children dress in layers as the temperature gets cooler.
- All toys will be changed out and sanitized in between services.
- Additional hand sanitizing stations available throughout the RiverKids area and in each classroom.
- Children will have their temperature checked to ensure it is less than 100.4. If a child isn’t feeling well, be safe and stay home.
- The seating in our environment has been arranged to maintain social distancing. This has reduced the seating capacity. Please note, that for many of the activities we will be sitting on the floor, so be sure to dress accordingly.
- Staff and volunteers will be wearing masks or face shields and have temperature checked.
- Children are encouraged to wear masks, but not required. They are required, however, when in the hallways or when unable to be socially distant.
- Eat before church! We love snacks, but we will not provide snacks in the elementary grades (k-6) just yet. Pre-k will have individually wrapped fruits snacks or goldfish.
- Let us see your HUGE smile! Give a wave, elbow bump, air hugs or air high fives! Let’s keep it safe and maintain social distancing!